[Vision2020] Pressurized Irrigation

TIM RIGSBY tim.rigsby at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 26 10:55:49 PDT 2006

Matt,

Sorry it has taken so long to respond, just have not had the time.

Anyway, I like the idea of grey water and I am interested as to how Idaho is
regulating its use.  It frustrates me that developers and home builders are
not more consciences about utilizing our natural resources more efficiently.
  If and when I am able to build my dream home on the Palouse, I plan on
investigating a number of green building solutions that will help us have a
more sustainable environment.

Using straw instead of lumber, using more grey water instead of 100% blue
water, using recyclable plastics or metals for roofing, siding etc, using
low flow and energy efficient fixtures.

These are just a few simple things we can do to help preserve.  The problem
I foresee though is to get people to go along with this idea based upon cost
and other factors.  A low flow, high powered toilet from MBS is around $200.
  Most people probably would not be interested in buying such a device.
However, if people use the brick method, then maybe we can conserve more
water in the short term.

The reservoir idea may not be feasible at this time but hooking your gutters
into a drainage system that allows for the capture and storage of water is
feasible.  I have a feeling that people will have a hard time following a
code of ethics to protect our environment.  Meaning that people will not be
diligent in keeping there gutters clean and ensuring that run off is
maintained.

I hope to write more later on the issue of water conservation when I have
more time.

Tim

" 'Politics is the art of controlling your environment.' That is one of the
key things I learned in these years, and I learned it the hard way. Anybody
who thinks that 'it doesn't matter who's President' has never been Drafted
and sent off to fight and die in a vicious, stupid War on the other side of
the World -- or been beaten and gassed by Police for trespassing on public
property -- or been hounded by the IRS for purely political reasons -- or
locked up in the Cook County Jail with a broken nose and no phone access and
twelve perverts wanting to stomp your ass in the shower. That is when it
matters who is President or Governor or Police Chief. That is when you will
wish you had voted." - Hunter S. Thompson