[Vision2020] Water: What is missing- Contact your Congressman

Chris Storhok cstorhok at co.fairbanks.ak.us
Wed Apr 26 09:46:38 PDT 2006

I would say another good political leader on this issue is Representative Butch Otter.  Below is the Library of Congress summary of his bill to study water shortages in three river systems in the state.  Give him a call and ask him to place the Palouse River system in this bill as well.

H.R.2563 <http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d109:19:./temp/~bdcLTt::> : To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to conduct feasibility studies to address certain water shortages within the Snake, Boise, and Payette River systems in Idaho, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Otter, C. L. (Butch) <http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/?&Db=d109&querybd=@FIELD(FLD003+@4((@1(Rep+Otter++C.+L.+(Butch)))+01646))>  [ID-1] (introduced 5/24/2005)      Cosponsors (None)
Committees: House Resources
House Reports: 109-420 <http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/cpquery/R?cp109:FLD010:@1(hr420)>
Latest Major Action: 4/25/2006 Placed on the Union Calendar, Calendar No. 229.

Chris