[Vision2020] Council wont hear police union request

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Apr 26 06:02:07 PDT 2006

Arnold stated:

"However, I disagree with removing the control of the Moscow Police
Department from the citizens of Moscow and surrendering it to a giant
national political organization with a different agenda than protecting the
citizens of Moscow."

Please, Arnold.  Enlighten us about this behemoth political organization
"with a different agenda than protecting the citizens of Moscow."

It has been my understanding that our local police department desires to
organize simply to protect its rights and ultimately provide the citizens of
Moscow with something it has been missing for a while; continuity in its
police force.  By "continuity", Arnold, I mean a police officer's desire to
remain in Vandalville longer than two or three years.

I mean . . . Where would you be, Arnold, without the ASUI?  Regardless of
what people tell you in class, Arnold, students are NOT eligible for tenure.

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"

  _____