[Vision2020] Council wont hear police union request

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Tue Apr 25 16:29:49 PDT 2006

Treating the police like this is only going to exacerbate the issue.  They deserve to be heard and to have their concerns seriously discussed and addressed.  This has not happened, hence the union request.  These actions taken with respect to the police officers' concern is not unlike the endless labyrinth that the protagonist in Kafka's The Trial is stuck in.  This action will only piss off the officers more and make further negotiations more difficult and less fruitful in my opinion.

Why isn't the police chief at these meetings strongly advocating for his employees?  Remember when this subject first came up the chief denied all knowledge that his officers were discussing a union to address their employment compensation, treatment, and conditions concerns?  There is something very wrong with such a picture, and it is not the police officers.

Wayne A. Fox
1009 Karen Lane
PO Box 9421
Moscow, ID  83843