[Vision2020] re:water

Janesta Carcich janestacarcich at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 13:15:23 PDT 2006

Many coastal areas use huge cement blocks as
artificial reefs. Why not use old toilets? There would
be a wide variety of sea creatures that would have a
lot of fun swimming in and out of those toilets.

Janesta

--- Brent Bradberry <bbradber at moscow.com> wrote:

> I remember that about 20 (approx) years ago there
> was such a program in
> So. Cal. (specifically San Diego). I was visiting my
> daughter and
> installed a low flush toilet for her - I don't
> remember the precise
> cost, but it was nominal. It might be possible to
> check with the
> appropriate agency in San Diego to see what happened
> to all the old toilets.
> Well, enough potty talk for now.
>
> Brent Bradberry
>
> Dan Carscallen wrote:
>
> >Mark says:
> >"The City could have a program where a developer
> could pay into a toilet
> >replacement fund to cover the cost of replacing
> enough toilets that his
> >or her development ended up water budget neutral.
> In this instance, the
> >developer would have to "buy" 384 low-flush toilets
> to balance the water
> >books"
> >
> >This is all well and good, but why not take it a
> step further.  The City
> >could have a policy of offering said low-flush
> toilets (as Nils said --
> >as long as they work) to the public at large,
> allowing people to "pay
> >them off" on their monthly water bill.
> >
> >One problem (with either plan) -- what do do with
> all those old toilets?
> >Take up landfill space?  That's not very
> "sustainable".  Maybe there's a
> >market for crushed up toilets -- powder for use in
> concrete?  Recycle
> >the material into new toilets?  I don't know, but
> my experience with
> >busted toilets is that they turn into many sharp
> pieces.  I'm sure
> >someone knows what can be done, but before we get
> too carried away with
> >the retrofitting I think we need to find out what
> to do with the old
> >stuff.
> >
> >DC

> > List services made available by First Step
> Internet,
>
> >               http://www.fsr.net

> --
> Brent Bradberry, Ph. D.
> Professor of Mathematics, emeritus
> Lewis-Clark State College
> Commander, U. S. Navy (retired)
>
> 1258 Wallen Road
> Moscow, Idaho 83843-7445
> (208) 882-2830

>  List services made available by First Step
> Internet,

Janesta Carcich

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.”

~ Coretta Scott King ~
1927-2006

***Because I am finding my words on the blogs of organizations I do not support***

~~~~~ Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Janesta Carcich ~~~~~

~~~~~ Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020
             forum without the express written permission of the author~~~~~