[Vision2020] Water. Where do you stand on the issue?

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 23:19:31 PDT 2006

On 4/24/06, Matt Decker <mattd2107 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> If we are going to continue to grow and have a future for our children here in
> Moscow

I hope that this isn't a naive question.  It certainly isn't meant
disingenuously.  But here it is:  why is growth important?  A town
isn't a corporation, in a business sense, so we don't have
shareholders to pay or a CEO.  Therefore, what is the benefit of
growth?  For myself, Moscow is the perfect size; that's why I live
here (amongst other reasons).

I guess I am anti-growth, if growth means increased congestion and
more crime and more anonymity.