[Vision2020] Crazy Train

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 10:16:08 PDT 2006

Note to all:

I would like to bring to your attention a suspicious series of events.

First, rvrcowboy (of Lewiston) joins us on 20 April, referred "at the
advice of a friend."  Remember, TonyKneeTime is from Lewiston.  Our
newcomer indicates that we probably won't hear from him for a while,
that he will be content to read and enjoy our thoughts and ideas until
he gets "a feel for the arena."  However, he is quick to respond to my
criticism of TonyKneeTime.  He does this a mere one day later, in a
message sent to me:

"Chas,
You are a cop-out.  Putting labels on the thoughts and opinions of others is
little more than admitting you have no rational comeback of your own to
offer.  Whether you favor abortion on demand, or not, is not the issue."

I do respond, but rvrcowboy doesn't understand that dialogue is like
badminton, so I'm still waiting for the shuttlecock to be returned.

Then, on 21 April, "Ed" joins our group, proudly letting us all know
that he is a homophobe in his first message.  My welcome isn't very
tolerant or kind, for which I offer no apologies. Lo and behold,
rvrcowboy leaps to Ed's defense, in this message addressed to me:

"Touche!!!  See what I told you Ed?  You are already a "bigot" and
"shallow-minded", merely because you have an opinion different from the norm
in the area.  As Chas has already warned you, in the body of this post, you
won't be very "popular" in the Moscow area."

The noteworthy portion of his post is the clear revelation that
rvrcowboy and Ed know each other.

Is this an unclever right-wing gang-bang?

To rvrcowboy:

It's interesting that you are quick to jump in unless the post is
actually directed at you.

Is your head buried in the sand, rvrcowboy, or somewhere else?

I'm not a moral relativist, rvrcowboy.  Appeals to religious belief
aren't protected in my neighborhood, especially when they are used in
attempts to protect the ugly and the nasty.  There is no defence for
homophobia, just as there is no defense for racism, misogyny, or
female circumcision.

I'm still waiting for your reply to my previous response, rvrcowboy.
Will I be left waiting forever?

Cheers,

Chas