[Vision2020] Re: Name of this list & re: Water

Janesta Carcich janestacarcich at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 22 09:13:28 PDT 2006

Matt,

Last year,, I don't recall one family on my block
watering their lawn. Every home had dead grass in the
front yards.

For the economists out there, a  question... If no one
watered their lawn to save money and water, what
effect would it have on the city coffers, as well as
the regular water bills? Would the bills go even
higher to make up for the loss of revenue?

Thanks,
Janesta
--- Matt Decker <mattd2107 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> J,
>
> Actually, many Moscow citizens do use a "draught
> resistant" grass for steep
> slopes or other purposes. What I have noticed is
> that many more families
> like the bluegrasses or ryes. Most of them have
> children, and realize that
> the "draught resistant" doesn't serve as a very good
> "lawn grass". However,
> if you look around many families are using
> xeriscaping (use of drought
> resistant plants, and automatic sprinklers/and or
> drip) in order to help
> conserve water.
>
> Great topic
>
> Matt
>

> >From: "J Ford" <privatejf32 at hotmail.com>
> >To: vision2020 at moscow.com
> >Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Re: Name of this list &
> re: Water
> >Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 01:56:23 -0700
> >
> >Whatever happened to looking at "draught resistant"
> grasses or "irish
> >mosses" that don't require that much water?  They
> use it CA and AZ all the
> >time with a lot success.
> >
> >J  :]
> >

> >>From: Melynda Huskey <melynda at moscow.com>
> >>To: Bill London <london at moscow.com>
> >>CC: vision2020 at moscow.com
> >>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Re: Name of this list &
> re: Water
> >>Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:30:13 -0700

> the Moscow Cemetery.  I
> County.  Only a few are
> reverence of the cemeteries are
> special deal on cheap
> district officials
> >>>
> >>I disagree with Bill and Ralph; while the dead may
> not know, and almost
> >>certainly don't care, if the grass is green above
> them, I think it's a
> >>civic duty to maintain cemeteries as green,
> pleasant, and peaceful spots,
> >>with grass and tall, shady trees.
> >>
> >>The older part of Moscow's cemetery is a lovely
> place to walk and indulge
> >>in Wordworthian intimations of immortality; there
> are some very fine
> >>examples of funerary art in the older gravestones,
> too.  The newer part,
> >>with its ugly flat plaques and spindly trees
> spaced far, far apart, is
> >>infinitely less appealing.
> >>
> >>If I were ever to win the lottery (which I won't,
> because I won't play),
> >>I'd endow the cemetery district with a million
> dollars on the condition
> >>that they allow interesting headstones, tombs, and
> mausoleums again.
> >>
> >>The golf course I couldn't care less about, but
> let the former citizens of
> >>Moscow have a verdant resting place.
> >>
> >>Melynda Huskey

> >>List services made available by First Step
> Internet, serving the
> >>communities of the Palouse since 1994.
>     http://www.fsr.net
> >>
> mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

> >Don’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN
> [...]

Janesta Carcich

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.”

~ Coretta Scott King ~
1927-2006

***Because I am finding my words on the blogs of organizations I do not support***

~~~~~ Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Janesta Carcich ~~~~~

~~~~~ Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020
             forum without the express written permission of the author~~~~~