[Vision2020] Other Versions

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 21 17:45:29 PDT 2006

Revelation 1:1-3 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
NIV at IBS International Bible Society NIV at Zondervan Zondervan

Revelation 1
Prologue
1The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants
what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his
servant John, 2who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God
and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3Blessed is the one who reads the words
of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what
is written in it, because the time is near.

Revelation 1:1-3 (New American Standard Bible)
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by
The Lockman Foundation
NASB at Lockman The Lockman Foundation NASB at Zondervan Zondervan

Revelation 1
The Revelation of Jesus Christ
1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which (A)God gave Him to (B)show to His
bond-servants, (C)the things which must soon take place; and He sent and
communicated it (D)by His angel to His bond-servant (E)John,

2who testified to (F)the word of God and to (G)the testimony of Jesus
Christ, even to all that he saw.

3(H)Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy,
and heed the things which are written in it; (I)for the time is near.

Revelation 1:1-3 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain
A Public Domain Bible KJV at Zondervan Zondervan

Revelation 1

1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his
servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified
it by his angel unto his servant John:

2Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ,
and of all things that he saw.

3Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy,
and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Revelation 1:1-3 (New King James Version)
New King James Version (NKJV)

Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.
NKJV at Thomas Nelson Thomas Nelson, Inc.

Revelation 1
Introduction and Benediction
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His
servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it
by His angel to His servant John, 2 who bore witness to the word of God, and
to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw. 3 Blessed is he
who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those
things which are written in it; for the time is near.

Revelation 1:1-3 (Young's Literal Translation)
Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

Public Domain
A Public Domain Bible

Revelation 1

1A revelation of Jesus Christ, that God gave to him, to shew to his servants
what things it behoveth to come to pass quickly; and he did signify [it],
having sent through his messenger to his servant John,

2who did testify the word of God, and the testimony of Jesus Christ, as many
things also as he did see.

3Happy is he who is reading, and those hearing, the words of the prophecy,
and keeping the things written in it -- for the time is nigh!

Revelation 1:1-3 (New International Version - UK)
New International Version - UK (NIVUK)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
International Bible Society

Revelation 1
Prologue
1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants
what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his
servant John,

    2 who testifies to everything he saw -- that is, the word of God and the
testimony of Jesus Christ.

    3 Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed
are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the
time is near.

And just for show:

3 (Arabic Life Application Bible)
Arabic Life Application Bible (ALAB)

Copyright © 1988 by International Bible Society
International Bible Society

ﺎﻳﺅﺭ ﺎﻨﺣﻮﻳ 1

1 هَذِهِ
رُؤْيَا
أَعْطَاهَا
اللهُ
لِيَسُوعَ
الْمَسِيحِ،
لِيَكْشِفَ
لِعَبِيدِهِ
عَنْ
أُمُورٍ
لاَبُدَّ
أَنْ
تَحْدُثَ
عَنْ
قَرِيبٍ.
وَأَعْلَنَهَا
الْمَسِيحُ
لِعَبْدِهِ
يُوحَنَّا
عَنْ
طَرِيقِ
مَلاَكٍ
أَرْسَلَهُ
لِذَلِكَ.

2 وَقَدْ
شَهِدَ
يُوحَنَّا
بِكَلِمَةِ
اللهِ
وَبِشَهَادَةِ
يَسُوعَ
الْمَسِيحِ،
بِجَمِيعِ
الأُمُورِ
الَّتِي
رَآهَا.

3 طُوبَى
لِلَّذِي
يَقْرَأُ
كِتَابَ
النُّبُوءَةِ
هَذَا
وَلِلَّذِينَ
يَسْمَعُونَهُ،
فَيُرَاعُونَ
مَا جَاءَ
فِيهِ،
لأَنَّ
مَوْعِدَ
إِتْمَامِ
النُّبُوءَةِ
قَدِ
اقْتَرَبَ!

J  :]

>From: joekc at adelphia.net
>To: Corbin Bellona <corbinbellona at yahoo.com>
>CC: vision2020 at moscow.com
>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Greek Text
>Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:53:35 -0700
>
>Thanks, Corbin!
>
>Do you think that God's purpose is to scare the s--t out of us?
>
>Why not just put the original passage, in the original language, and be
>done with it? Why do we need you to tell us what God really says (meant)?
>
>Just curious.
>
>--
>Joe Campbell
>
>---- Corbin Bellona <corbinbellona at yahoo.com> wrote:

>"To the angel of the church in Sardis write: He who has the seven Spirits
>of God and
>    the seven stars, says this: 'I know your deeds, that you have a name
>that you are
>   alive, but you are dead.
>
>    2'Wake up, and strengthen the things that remain, which were about to
>die; for I have   not found your deeds completed in the sight of My God.

3'So remember what you have received and heard; and keep it, and repent
Therefore if