[Vision2020] A World Against: UI Muslims Speak Out

joekc at adelphia.net joekc at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 21 16:28:35 PDT 2006

John D,

You've done the same the with the Bible, no? Is the attack on fundamentalism in general, not any particular version of it? If so, I agree.

--
Joe Campbell

---- John D <johnd550 at yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:

  > From today's (April 21, 2006) UI Argonaut with a special thanks to Nate
  > Poppino (Writer, UI Argonaut) and John Pierce (President, UI Muslim Student
  > Association) -

  > "Islam is the human religion, not a religion of war.

  Al-Baqara (The Cow), 2:216
 Prescribed for you is fighting, though it be hateful to you. Yet it may happen that you will hate a thing which is better for you; and it may happen that you will love a thing which is worse for you; God knows, and you know not.
  http://www.islamawakened.com/Quran/2/216/default.htm

  An-Nisa (The Women), 4:74
 So let them fight in the way of God who sell the present life for the world to come; and whosoever fights in the way of God and is slain, or conquers, We shall bring him a mighty wage.
  http://www.islamawakened.com/Quran/4/74/default.htm

  At-Tawba (The Repentance), 9:111
 God has bought from the believers their selves and their possessions against the gift of Paradise; they fight in the way of God; they kill, and are killed; that is a promise binding upon God in the Torah, and the Gospel, and the Koran; and who fulfils his covenant truer than God? So rejoice in the bargain you have made with Him; that is the mighty triumph.
  http://www.islamawakened.com/Quran/9/111/default.htm

  > "It's a religion you use to live by. It's a religion of life."

  Al-Baqara (The Cow), 2:191
 Slay them wherever you may catch them and expel them from the place from which they expelled you. The sin of disbelief in God is greater than committing murder. Do not fight them in the vicinity of the Sacred Mosque in Mecca unless they start to fight. Then slay them for it is the recompense that the disbelievers deserve.
  http://www.islamawakened.com/Quran/2/191/default.htm

  An-Nisa (The Women), 4:89
 They wish that you should disbelieve as they disbelieve, and then you would be equal; therefore take not to yourselves friends of them, until they emigrate in the way of God; then, if they turn their backs, take them, and slay them wherever you find them; take not to yourselves any one of them as friend or helper
  http://www.islamawakened.com/Quran/4/89/default.htm

  An-Nisa (The Women), 4:91
 You will find others desiring to be secure from you, and secure from their people, yet whenever they are returned to temptation, they are overthrown in it. If they withdraw not from you, and offer you peace, and restrain their hands, take them, and slay them wherever you come on them; against them We have given you a clear authority.
  http://www.islamawakened.com/Quran/4/91/default.htm

  Al-Ma'ida (The Table), 5:33
 This is the recompense of those who fight against God and His Messenger, and hasten about the earth, to do corruption there: they shall be slaughtered, or crucified, or their hands and feet shall alternately be struck off; or they shall be banished from the land. That is a degradation for them in this world; and in the world to come awaits them a mighty chastisement,
  http://www.islamawakened.com/Quran/5/33/default.htm

  At-Tawba (The Repentance), 9:5
 Then, when the sacred months are drawn away, slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them, and confine them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they repent, and perform the prayer, and pay the alms, then let them go their way; God is All-forgiving, All-compassionate.
  http://www.islamawakened.com/Quran/9/5/default.htm