[Vision2020] (no subject)

Jennifer McFarland jmcfarland at latah.id.us
Fri Apr 21 07:43:59 PDT 2006

 Arrest records are a matter of public record.  All arrests made by this
agency are printed up and placed on a clipboard in the office for the public
and the press to read.  Since Tolan was arrested for the crime of rape, his
name was on the list.  My option as PIO is to either spread the public
information regarding the arrest (which is my job) or hide it from view
(which is decidedly unethical).  The release, I think, clearly indicates
that the events are the interpretation of the victim and that the affidavit
filed by this Office was based on her statements and of evidence found at
the scene.  However, the public should keep in mind that Tolan has been
arrested not convicted of the crime of rape.

PIO Jennifer L. McFarland
Latah County Sheriff's Office
Public Information Officer
PO Box 8068
Moscow, Idaho 83843
(208) 882-2216
Fax (208) 883-2281

Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to affairs.
***Ralph Waldo Emerson