[Vision2020] Wrong again, Donovan

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Thu Apr 20 22:29:58 PDT 2006

>  You ask what laws you have violated. OK, here are a few for to start.
> Harassment, intimidation, and making threats. As for libelous, how
> about looking back at some of your own emails and online publications.

Wrong again, Donovan.  I have threatened no one.  I have harassed no
one.  And intimidation?  Who?  Where?  When?  These charges are real,
Donovan, and your making them has real consequences.  You must learn to
distinguish between legitimate public criticism of a public figure, and
criminal trespass, libel, intimidation and threats.  I criticize public
figures for a living; Doug Wilson is among those public figures.  So is
George W. Bush.  I have not harassed or threatened either.  (I believe
that threatening the President lands one in the pokey.  You'll notice
that I'm not in the pokey.  I'm not emailing you from the Latah County
Jail or, worse yet, from Guantanamo Bay.)

Here's my challenge to you, Donovan: either put up or shut up.  Cite an
actual legal statute and then demonstrate with evidence (not your
personal opinion) that I have violated that statute.  No one is immune
from criticism -- not you, not me, not Dale Courtney and not Pastor
Wilson.  It's also the case that public figures have less protection
than private figures.  This is one of the many reasons I feature so
prominently on Dale's odious blog.  I'd rather not have what I write
here reposted without my permission, but as a public figure, there's
precious little I can do about it.  Now, should Dale violate the
copyright on any of my published materials -- my novel, my work for New
West, Stonewall, the Seattle Gay Times, the Boise Weekly, or the
Co-Op's Community News --  then you can bet your sweet bippy I can and
would sue the smarmy little git.  But Vision 2020 posts or letters to
the editor are fair game.

Very seriously,
Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: As far as I'm concerned, this is the end of our correspondence on
this subject.  You are again out of line, and I again advise you to
step back.  Pronto.