[Vision2020] Wilson on the Execution of Homosexuals

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Tue Apr 18 11:39:49 PDT 2006

Dr. Gier Writes:

Interestingly, this was not the position of Greg Dickison in his articles
"Your Eye Should not Pity" and "Know Where to Draw the Line" (Credena
Agenda, vol. 3, nos. 9, 11).  As far as I know, Wilson has not disputed this
article, but mysteriously this entire volume has disappeared from the
Credenda archives.  Dickison offers no flexibility or grace for the
Christian magistrate, who, "when we have it our way," will enforce Old
Testament law without exception, for to pity the sinner is itself a sin.

So when Wilson's Christianity hits the pagan and unreconstructed Christian
beach chairs like a tsunami (it's right there in "My Town") and when only
propertied Christian males will be voting (also in "My Town"), I am certain
that Dickison will be appointed the first Christian magistrate and their
eyes will not pity.

Me:

Thank you for pointing this out Dr. Gier.  I have been following this issue
myself, curious as to how Wilson would respond to growing pressure. I think
it is important to remember the story line here, since one can slip back
into a position in the same way they slipped out of it.  I think there has
been some serious back and forth on this, which included a re-endorsement of
a standard theonomic interpretation on his Blog this last fall.  Wilson had
been backing away from this, noting a teleological nature of law, but then
when it rhetorically suited him in a different context, this was quickly
abandoned.  There is a combination of problems revealed here, which one can
find elsewhere many times over:

1.	Unwillingness to engage in argumentative discourse in which you can
learn or be corrected; my efforts have been fruitless.
2.	Expound newly formed ideas authoritatively as if they have been the
doctrines of our tradition for many years,
3.	And engage in daily intellectual dishonesty (rhetorical power trumps
sincere truth seeking).

Combine these three practices, and I think you get the correct rhetorical
formula.  Because of this, I would be surprised that Wilson actually
'corrected' recent teaching; could someone provide the text or a link to
this public statement?  Thanks.

Michael