[Vision2020] Passover Humor

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Apr 12 05:26:40 PDT 2006

Matzo Balls

A Texan non-Jew came to New York for the first time, having never tasted
Jewish food. On the recommendation of a friend, he went to the Lower East
Side to eat at a real Jewish restaurant.

He looked at a menu, but everything on it was strange and new and he simply
didn't know what to order. When the waitress came, he pointed to a dish on
another table and asked what it was.

The waitress replied, "That's matzo-balls".

"OK," said the Texan, "I'll have that."

He got his dish, and was finishing it with relish when the waitress came
back again. He looked up and said:

"Ma'am, that was truly delicious. I never had anything like this before.
Tell me, do you serve any other parts of the matza?"

What did you Learn Today?

A little boy once returned home from Hebrew school and his father asked,
"what did you learn today?"

He answered, "The Rabbi told us how Moses led the children of Israel out of
Egypt."

"How?"

The boy said "Moses was a big strong man and he beat Pharoah up. Then while
he was down, he got all the people together and ran towards the sea. When he
got there, he has the Corps of Engineers build a huge pontoon bridge. Once
they got on the other side, they blew up the bridge while the Egyptians were
trying to cross."

The father was shocked. "Is that what the Rabbi taught you?"

The boy replied, "No. But you'd never believe the story he DID tell us!"

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps."

-Emo Philips