[Vision2020] Boarding Houses Complaint

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Tue Apr 11 22:04:05 PDT 2006

On Apr 11, 2006, at 7:59 PM, J Ford wrote:

> Of course, his "blogmiester"Courtney has to have his say:
>
> "I wonder how this complaint would be handled if it had the names of
> 20 black families on the list? Or 20 Jewish families on the list.
> What's next: mandatory arm bands? "

First, I would challenge Dale to name 20 black families, or 20 Jewish
families, or 20 families period outside of his immediate social group
who believe that being called to answer for blatant and repeated
violations of the law is "persecution."  Second, if I were Dale, I
would be damned careful not to go down the armband route; that leads to
a pretty offensive analogy, and one that does not hold up under
scrutiny.

Instead, I suggest that Dale and his illegal boarding house cronies
pony up for matching T-shirts that read "Serial Offender.  What are you
looking at?"

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: My father-in-law, Don Huskey, is a decorated Marine Corps veteran.
He's a man I love and admire for his kindness, his rationality, his
unfailing courage and his strength of character.  Don Huskey signed his
boarding house complaint (which, I would note, was only one of three).
Putting your name to a civic action that is bound to win you as many
enemies as it does friends is not the mark of a coward.  A coward is a
snotty little git who sits on his fat fanny in a dimly-lit room and
types empty insults on a public chat group.

PPS: Do something with your life, Donovan.  You're not too young to
enlist.  Or join the Peace Corps.  Or go build houses for Habitat for
Humanity.  There are people out there who are the genuine victims of
persecution -- learn to speak Spanish, or Chinese, or Vietnamese, or
the language of the working class, and get yourself out there and help
them.  Waving your short sword around in defense of a load of fat,
bearded, privileged white guys is just plain sad.