[Vision2020] April's fool

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Tue Apr 4 21:26:42 PDT 2006

Tony,

You Write:

"As an objective third party fresh to this conflict, I would have to hand
this round to Wilson.  Chiming "April Fools" under such circumstances
doesn't ring true.  "I was just kidding!"  sounds like the plea of someone
caught in a fabrication.  But perhaps you were simply following the lead of
liberal journalists who put their own views and prejudices into print while
attributing them to fictitious, "anonymous" sources."

Michael Responds:

Well, I really don't want to discuss this on Vision 2020; I and others have
given a good deal of thought to the matter on poohsthink.com just today.
Folks would have to go get it straight from the Wood in order to get the
full context. Again, others are free to quote me here as they see fit, but I
am not the one linking to my web site here.

I am truly surprised and a bit disturbed, Tony, that you would claim here
that I have lied.  What evidence do you have for this?  Are you really
suggesting that I was hoping to pull a big one on Moscow with this post-but
shucks, I got caught red handed by someone demanding I keep his knowledge of
my crime private! : -)

As I pointed out on my Blog, even Dale knew I was "trying to be funny," as
he posted on his own Blog.  You continue to perplex me Tony; I would like to
meet you face to face some day.  Could we meet sometime soon?  I really
would like to meet another "objective third party" in all this.

Take Care,

Michael Metzler

P.S. To help you out on your investigation into these matters: the post was
actually published March 2, despite the erroneous time stamp.  I agree that
two days away from April 1 would be a crime in gross deceit; but I figured
that only one day off would be fun.