[Vision2020] From Pooh's Think

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Tue Apr 4 15:57:22 PDT 2006

>From Pooh's Think:

      http://www.poohsthink.com/

      Wilson's Property Line, The Police, & Women, 2
      Topic: Moscow
      Wilson just sent me an email.  It is below.  Given the intimidating nature of the email and the fact that it was sent just after the elders have refused to so much as exhort me on anything or meet with me, and given the libel against Charlie Nolan contained within, I didn't think Wilson would really want to copyright it.  So I'm going to go ahead and copy here.  Following the letter is my response.

        Dear Michael,

        I was writing to ask if you could give me Carla Henderson's email address. I checked the phone book, and there is no Carla Henderson, or Home Building Architectural Services, Inc. here in Moscow. Googling her also came up empty. If you could give me the contact info, I would be happy to talk with her and sort what she says happened to her on our property yesterday. You don't need to worry about me doing anything intimidating to her because it is obvious that this woman doesn't exist, and so she need not be frightened at all.

         From your posting we would have to conclude that we had two people on our property taking pictures yesterday -- Jackie Woolf and this mystery person Carla. There are multiple people who can confirm that Jackie was there -- Nate and Heather, Rachel and Luke, and our next door neighbor who pointed out one of the property lines to her. You can easily confirm any of this if you really need confirmation.

        In the meantime, I would like to confirm the simple /existence /of Carla Henderson. Can you help me with that? Have /you /confirmed her existence? You have implicitly vouched for her on your blog, and you promised to contact the police and the local mental health services. Was this to be on her behalf? What are you going to ask them to do? Will you give them Carla's contact info? If so, can you give it to me?

        Michael, as your pastor, I am going to ask you this -- please look at yourself. Look what you are doing, the people you are now aligned with, the bogus stories you are willing to pass on, the stories you must be telling yourself. I am cautioning you -- you really need to get a grip on yourself. Just ask us for help. Take down your blog. Make all the apologies you need to make (and there are many). Think of your wife and kids. /Get outside your own head/. Seek forgiveness. It will be extended. The world is not what you have been imagining it to be. You have been duped, and you have gotten quite a number of false assumptions wrapped around your axle. Please rethink /everything/. You have people here who would love and forgive you. You are clearly losing it, and we don't want that to happen.

        Can you assure me that someone like Charlie Nolan didn't send you the Carla email, and you bit? And if someone like him did something like that, and used you in that way, what does this say about your new friends and new company? Are they going to provide you with a community to bring your kids up in? [huh? I've got the kirk.] Or will they turn on you as soon as your usefulness to their bitterness campaign is done? There are only two possibilities here (since no one named Carla was shooed off my property yesterday). Either one of your new compatriots is using you, or you made the letter up yourself. In either case, you are in a bad situation and a bad way. Please turn around. We really do care for you.

        Please note the tag after my name at the bottom. You do not have permission to post or publish this letter anywhere.

        Cordially in Christ,

        Douglas

      This email, including any attachments, is the copyrighted property of Douglas Wilson. It is confidential and legally privileged information intended solely for the lawful use of the designated recipient/s, and may not be copied, forwarded, published (electronically or otherwise) or otherwise disseminated without written permission.

      My Response:

      So who is Carla?  Ha. April fools.  I had a grand time writing this letter and it is simply amazing to think that Wilson believes I am stupid enough to receive an email like this and post it without any sort of confirmation.  The only person who is obviously "loosing it" here is Wilson.  I've already had one NSA student write me with a "ah! Good one." Not so sure I'm in a bad situation or a bad way here.  After all, in the midst of defending Doug Wilson a while back I informed my opponents that Wilson had bought the Food Co-op.  It surely didn't feel very good to learn long after that Wilson had made that up before posting it to his Blog-and his post was even far more believable than mine. I at least have the decency to let on to what I have done the very next day.  Further, it doesn't matter if Carla exists or not.  The general picture I painted, less the motive imputation by Wilson, is precisely the same-just from a different point of view.  The argument sticks; and the argument was the point, not some wish to get a good laugh.  The woman with the camera, on Wilson's own statements of the events, did not know that she was on Wilson's property.  Period.  As soon as she found out she was on Wilson's property she quickly left. Again, period.  This is grounds for calling the police and then blogging all about it?!    This is grounds for mocking the intoleristas and proposing they have war rooms and satellite maps (if they had those kinds of maps they would know where the property lines were). Ah, nothing like the Holy Spirit clashing with the Enemy; just gotta love the culture wars.  I am curious as to who my new "compatriots" are.  Is Wilson speaking about the reformed pastors and other good men that I'm speaking to about all this, or is he referring to St. Infidel Joan (who I still haven't met for coffee yet!)?  It is just hard to know.  Anyhow, talking about conspiracy theories: I make up a funny April fools post and Wilson can intuit the grand scheme about how my new alliance is using me for their wicked purposes; come young Luke Skywalker, the force may still be with you, don't let this post be the final evidence that you have gone to the dark side.

      Do the elders know anything about all this?....