[Vision2020] Republicans to Idaho's Poor: Leave or Drop Dead

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 1 16:02:27 PST 2006

Gary,

You've made some excellent points on this thread and I
do enjoy reading most of your V2020 posts.

I don't know if you have been following the latest
technology trends, but corporate america is
outsourcing thousands of tech jobs to India and China.
 Bangalore India is going through explosive growth
right now with tech Giants like Intel and Cisco and a
whole slew of other companies setting up technology
development centers.  One engineer in India can be
hired for a quarter of the salary of one engineer in
the United States.  I don't know the going rate for
the salary of engineer in China these days, but my
guess is that it is about one tenth of the cost of a
US engineer.  This type of outsourcing represents
tremendous cost cutting and Wall Street will take
notice and reward the officers of these companies very
generously.

Note I'm not a big believer in raising minimum wage to
the level of a living wage, but I'm also not in favor
of eliminating it either.

-Scott