[Vision2020] Re: Never Letting Go

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 1 13:39:49 PST 2006

We all use language in ways to reinforce what we intend to convey.  So you
define everyone who disagrees with you as maladjusted and irrational.

In my maladjusted and irrational way, I don't care to restrict marriage to
heterosexuals.  Every divorce or child-custody dispute I've ever worked has
been between heterosexuals.  I don't see where we are such amazing successes
that marriage should be restricted to us.  I think gays will have a hard
time catching up with heteros when it comes to 'dismantlng one of
civilizations's foundations.'

The petulance you describe is better applied to the opponents of gay
marriage; in Idaho their cynical use of this issue is used to drive out
Republicans who don't agree with them.

Sunil