[Vision2020] Why Aaron Rench needs new peers (was "A Response to Chasuk")

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 29 23:27:42 PDT 2005

On Sep 29, 2005, at 5:17 PM, Aaron Rench wrote:

"I know for a fact that Doug, Steve, and George do not believe that
only "property owning men" to the exclusion of women, should be allowed
to vote. If you can't understand and represent your opponent's
position, how can you dialogue? You have proven that the blinders are
locked on tight and that you are not able to step out from behind them
to see what other people are actually saying. To begin the de-tox
process, I suggest reading lots of poetry. It tends to cheer the soul.
With peers like these, who needs reviews?"

I'm surprised, Aaron, by how little you seem to know of your boss's
positions on these matters.  In Credenda Agenda, Doug Wilson has
written that when women got the vote, men effectively lost it.  How?
Because post-suffrage, husbands no longer voted on behalf of their
families; they voted only for themselves.   One person, one vote.
Thanks to the 19th Amendment, a wife might, horror of horrors, enter
the voting booth and cancel out the vote of her "head."  Goodbye beauty
in submission; hello democracy.  (I'd direct you to the exact volume
and issue, but as you're Johnny-on-the-spot, why don't you just ask
Doug?  He probably has a copy floating around somewhere.  Perhaps in
the vicinity of the Wilson privy?)

As for the quotation Rose refers to from the movie "My Town," Steve
Wilkins states that it is his belief that only property owners should
have the right to vote.  He says this flat out, no qualifications, ifs,
ands, or buts.  Doug then chimes in with an amusing analogy comparing
democracy to two coyotes and a sheep debating over what to have for
dinner.  The problem with democracy, Doug opines, is that an
enfranchised but impoverished majority might choose to exercise its
democratic power by voting to redistribute the wealth of a rich
minority.  These are accurate representations of Doug's positions on
democracy and women's suffrage, Aaron, and as for the property owners
bit, if Doug's coyote story was meant to distance him from his
neo-Confederate co-author, Steve Wilkins, then it failed, failed
utterly.

Now, are you still feeling like a bit of poetry?  Then let's have some
of T. S. Eliot's The Wasteland:

"Come in under the shadow of this red rock,
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust."

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com

PS: I'd watch the anti-Nick Gier cracks, if I were you, Aaron.  It was
under Nick's tutelage that Doug earned his Master's degree.  In the
academic realm, this means that Doug is Nick's scholarly offspring (and
that you, as Doug's student, are Nick's grandson).  I don't say this to
bring shame upon Nick.  I'm sure that many a night he's awoken in a
dreadful cold sweat over having directed Doug's thesis, but he can take
comfort in the fact that there's a bastard at every family reunion,
even if that family is only academic.