[Vision2020] Moscow Food Co-op schedule

Bill London london at moscow.com
Thu Sep 29 16:58:22 PDT 2005

Food Co-op Move Scheduled

Saturday, October 8, will be the last day to shop at the present location of the Moscow Food Co-op.  On Sunday, October 9, the present store will close and volunteers and staff will begin moving products and equipment to the new location at Fifth and Washington streets in Moscow. The Co-op will reopen on Friday, October 15, at the new location, according to Co-op General Manager Kenna Eaton.

An abundance of volunteers have already signed up to help with the move, Eaton said.

"This community has been wonderfully supportive of the Co-op and our move," Eaton explained.  "We already have plenty of people signed up as volunteers to help us move.  We invite the entire community to come visit us when we reopen and help us enjoy our new store."

            The new Co-op building began as a Safeway in 1960 and then in 1978 became a sporting goods store.  The new building, with 15,000 square feet, is twice the size of the Co-op's current location.

At the new store, the Co-op is adding sales of fresh natural meats, expanding the Co-op Deli seating area with the inclusion of a small stage for performances as well as expanded wall space for art exhibits, and increasing the size of the Co-op Bakery and all sales departments.  The hours of operation will continue to be 7:30am to 9pm daily.