[Vision2020] A Question Ununswered

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 17:43:30 PDT 2005

I asked a question recently on Vision2020 that I would still like
answered.  I have enough questions and comments go unremarked upon
that I am beginning to think that I have halitosis.

I reproduce the question below:

> Intelligent design holds that Darwin's theory of natural selection over time cannot fully explain the origin of life or the emergence of highly complex life forms. It implies that life on Earth is the product of an unidentified, intelligent force.

I never have understood this.  If life on Earth is the product of an
unidentified, intelligent force, then what created this unidentified,
intelligent force?  If it [this force] has always existed, then why posit its
existence in the first place, when it would be just as logical to
believe that life (on Earth or elsewhere) has always existed?  If it
evolved, then why couldn't life as we know it have evolved?  if it was
created, then what created the creator of the creator?  Now apply
those questions ad infinitum (and ad nauseum).

Intelligent Design answers nothing, it just imposes another layer.

This question was originally posted to "heirdoug," but i would be
grateful if anyone would answer.