[Vision2020] Re: Religion and morality

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 12:48:08 PDT 2005

> How many derelicts, winos, wife beaters and thieves have been changed
> from the inside out by anything that he or Nick Gier ever produced,
> written or spoken? Give me the name of just one individual that has
> changed from shipwrecked to saint.

That isn't really a fair comparison.  For every Nick Gier, there are
10,000 (my conservative estimate) proselytizers for Jesus.  Further,
those who "convert" to atheism/agnosticism/humanism are generally more
reticent to share the good news of their conversion, as it is usually
met with incomprehension and hostility.

I was a devout Christian for many years, and I certainly wasn't eager
to trumpet my loss of faith.  There would have been no congratulations
from family or friends, only hurt, and innumerable attempts bring me
back into the fold.  I decided to avoid either option and kept my
inner change (definitely "from the inside out") private for a long
time.

Are there other ex-Christians on Vision2020 with similar experiences?