[Vision2020] Not a city resident

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Tue Sep 27 13:01:44 PDT 2005

Donovan et. al.

"But she does not live IN Moscow, so those local
decisions are not up to her. If she moves into the
city, she obtains to right to vote in Moscow
elections"

So if a parent or grandparent with a child in the Moscow School District, by
virtue of the parent or grandparent living inside the Moscow School District,
has a problem with, for example, crosswalks endangering their child due to
speeding drivers and lack of traffic law enforcement, issues that are Moscow City
issues in part decided by city traffic law, those local decisions are,
according to you, "not up to her."

However, this is not what you originally stated regarding activists for
change who live outside Moscow City limits who happen to have children or
grandchildren in MSD by virtue of the their address, a description that includes Rose.

I am not arguing, as you seem to think perhaps I should, that those outside
the city limits be allowed to vote.  This was your suggestion, quoted toward
the bottom here, as to how they should proceed with influencing Moscow City
affairs.

I stated that there is no law against, nor do I think it reasonable, to
attempt to stop someone who lives inside MSD yet outside city limits, with children
or grandchildren in MSD, from speaking out and/or being an activist for
change inside Moscow City limits, for example, regarding Moscow City traffic law
regarding location of crosswalks and speed limits.  Or regarding the human
rights "climate" regarding harassment of children who may have Gay parents!