[Vision2020] Election questions, redux

Joan Opyr joanopyr at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 26 20:26:30 PDT 2005

Dear Visionaries:

I asked these questions a few days ago of all candidates now running
for city office, but Linda Pall wisely suggests that I ask them of
everyone who is now sitting on city council.  So, I do.  Here they are
again.  Candidates for city office and Linda, John Dickinson, JoAnn
Mack, Jon Kimberling, and Mayor Comstock, please feel free to offer
your answers.  I look forward to reading them.

1) Would you support a two-year moratorium on any elected official
doing business and/or bidding on a contract with the city after he or
she has left office?
2) Would you enforce existing city code even if such enforcement were
painful, uncomfortable, or not politically expedient?
3) What is your position on the Third Street Bridge project?
4) What do you believe are the most difficult issues facing ethnic and
racial minorities in our community?  Also, what are the most
challenging issues faced by women, gays and lesbians, and the
economically disenfranchised?
5) What are Moscow's three greatest opportunities in the next five
years?

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com