[Vision2020] Why not open the highways out of Houston?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 01:39:46 PDT 2005

OK, I am looking at aerial photos of the highway north
of Texas. On the right side of the highway about 6-8
lanes are in gridlock. On the left side, they have
like 6-8 lanes, but few are on them.

So, question-- Why not turn 6 of the 8 lanes on the
other side of the highway to go north? It seems a
waste to me to have 8 lanes north and 8 lanes south
when clearly the demand highway lanes is not equal in
both directions. It would be faster to have 14 lanes
north and just leave 2 lanes for those wanting to head
toward the hurricane.

Anyone else know why they keep the traffic lanes set
up this way?

DJA