[Vision2020] Moscow Medical

hairy_toes at shinyfeet.com hairy_toes at shinyfeet.com
Mon Sep 19 18:18:57 PDT 2005

Visionaries,

Bilbo here, wishing you glad tidings and great joy!

Dr. Brown writes,

“If there are still doubts about what we three doctors are about, please
feel free to talk to our patients and neighbors, and, if it is not too
intimidating, talk to us. . . If you still think we are a chilling, ie
“wicked” influence in the community, I would hope you would at least do us
the courtesy of doing so after obtaining the best information available to
you, especially if you are going to do this in a public forum.”

Given this open invitation, I have a question for Dr. Brown: Your mission
statement says, “We endeavor to use the highest standards of scientific
medicine, treating our patients as we ourselves want to be treated. . . .
we affirm the dignity of human life.” However, your pastor believes that
when a poor Canaanite woman beseeched the Great Physician to heal her
daughter, He healed her only after He told a racial joke at her expense.
Doug Wilson paraphrases the Son of God to have said, “It’s not right to
give perfectly good white folk food to niggers.” And then Wilson finished
his point with an either/or dilemma, saying, “If this understanding is
right, then Jesus was using a racial insult to make a point. If it is not
correct, then he was simply using a racial insult.” (A Serrated Edge, p.
44)

Now, I personally believe that Wilson’s position is both incorrect and
wicked. Indeed, I do not hesitate to call it blasphemy. But my opinion
doesn’t matter. I want to know you and your associates’ opinions.

Therefore, how does Moscow Medical reconcile your mission statement, which
affirms human dignity, with your pastor’s clear, unashamed, racist
religious beliefs? More specifically, do you believe that the Son of God
told racist jokes? Does this kind of racist worldview permeate your health
clinic? Do the doctors in that office ridicule their patients to their
face or, worse yet, behind their backs?

I only ask you these pointed questions because your website contains a
link to Canon Press, and Canon Press published A Serrated Edge.

Blessings from on High to the whole human race!

Bible Baggins

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good
tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that
publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Isaiah 52:7