[Vision2020] Moscow Medical VIsion Statement

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Mon Sep 19 15:20:51 PDT 2005

Rose,

Thank you for posting this revealing bit of superstition and ignorance.  It brings to mind the times when medical assistance was provided by barbers and butchers.

That the practitioners at Moscow Medical are unable to distinguish epistemologically between science and superstition does not bode well for their patients!!!!!  Believing what happens is allegedly "God's will" because an alleged Adam had either the temerity or the mental insufficiency to understand the consequences and thus allegedly disobeyed some alleged god has two problems:

[1]    It is delusional, unevidenced superstitious nonsense.
[2]    Worst yet from a practical view, it allows doctors, etc to blame some alleged god for their failures and/or lack of diligence.

I repost the following in order to remind patient readers of the problem of postulating/fantasizing causes outside the natural order  and in the realm of speculative superstition:

Just because words can be strung together in an apparently syntactically correct sentence doesn't mean the sentence has a comprehensible, literal, testable meaning.

In your quest for "the truth" you might watch out for these kind of assertions.  Religion, philosophy, politics, etc. are rife with such statements.  These assertions are generally recognizable by the practical impossibility of being neither unequivocally confirmable nor falsifiable or for the establishment of any significant probability of their truth.  The latter two cases is often especially the case.

A parable derived from an example written by an apostate Catholic disciple of Wittgenstein intended to illustrate the point of Occam's Razor may be helpful as an illustration to you.

Neighbors A & B were having an over-the-back-fence discussion: