[Vision2020] Well Goosh Ralph

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 16 16:08:17 PDT 2005

Sunil

As I mentioned, code is frequent in racist literature.  PNAC is headed by Mr
Perle and he has been tied to Wolfowitz and several other Jewish middle
level bureaucrats as what is refered to as a Neo-Con Conspiracy.  The only
thing these genlteman have in common is that they are Jewish and not from
the left of American politics.  If I mention the name of a Junior Proffesor
between the names of the University President and the Dean of a College, am
I or am I not infering that all three indiviuals have equal weight in power
and prestige?

Wolfowitz, Perle, Neo-Con and PNAC are ways of letting people know that its
somehow a Jewish Conspiracy that controls things.  Even you switch the
arguement from concerns regarding why Iraq was really invaded to questions
of Israel, though you acknowledge that at best Israeli security was not a
significant concern in the run up to the invasion.  I know your not an
anti-Semite Sunil, but you get pulled to that side by this exact kind of
rhetoric.

Look at how you cover the statement of "Israelization".  We had security
concerns as significant as anything that Israel was undergoing well before
Iraq.  Western airports were being bombed, hostages taken, embassies blown
up, 9-11 and all the rest.  What the author was infering is that we were
turning the west into another state of Israel, when in fact we were already
in a high state of security concerns well before Iraq.

Why did he use the term Israelization?  He used it to infer a Jewish thread
with regards Iraq that simply does not exist.  We were at a higher state of
security because we were attacked on our home shores by extremists who would
be attacking us even if we had never deposed Saddam.

You said;

>I'm sure you're just employing hyperbole, but I also don't see any praise
>for Iraq.  This sentence,
>
>' Iraq was a stable secular Sunni nation that posed no threat to the
>security of the United States,' is one I consider factually accurate, but
>not one that praises Iraq.

But Sunil, Iraq was not stable, it was being run by a man who had invaded
his neighbors and fully planned to do so again given half a chance.  His
Sunni based minority government was more brutal than apartheid South Africa.
  His actions had frequently destablized the region, in his attack on Iran,
attack on Kuwait, his armed state and threats against other countries in the
region.

And a stable Middle East was indeed and has been a major concern in US
overseas policy.  We have busted our hump in the Peace Process in Israel,
Eygpt, Lebanon, Sudan and all the rest since the Second World War.  And sure
a lot of that has had to do with the economic clout that some of those
nations have with regards oil and some with Cold War actions to block Soviet
ideas and frequently that has caused us to act in ways that are anethema to
what we deem as civilized behavior.  But our past stupidity is surely no
reason to continue to blindly allow the region to fester in a backward
wallow of Nationalist Dictators and Religious fanatics.

Sheehan's son did not die for Israel, as she suggested in her email to
Nightline.  He died in a US based action for US governmental objectives and
Isreal was not a significant feature of those US hased policies.  So why is
Israeli policy even being discussed?  Casey Sheehan was not in Sadr City at
the behest of Tel Aviv or to protect settlements in the West Bank, he was
there administering US policy.

What both Susan Estrich (Lordy I would never have thought that I would be
defending Hilary's lawyer.) and I are saying to you, Sunil, is that Israel
and US Policy there is not about Casey's death in Iraq.  Tieing anything
about his death or Iraq to Israel is what is anti-Semitic.  Its says that
somehow if there are Jews in the Region they must be the root cause of the
action.

Estrich frequently critisizes Israeli actions, but she does not tie what is
happening in Iraq to her statements about Sharon.  If you want a debate
about Israeli politics, thats great and you should feel free to call them as
you see them, but leave Iraq out of the equation.

Phil Nisbet