[Vision2020] Well Goosh Ralph

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 16 09:27:44 PDT 2005

Sunil

Some people may have supported the war in Iraq because the moon is made of
cheddar cheese, but that would not justify a screed condemning Wisconsin or
claims it was a Wisconsonian plot to take over the world.

The letter in question makes very specific claims, that a group of Jews were
the prime movers in a War, that they did so not to benefit the United
States, but to Israelize the Western World and that they overthrew a nice
sweet and sunny secular government to accomplish that goal.  As you note,
that was not the prime mover in the equation for moving on Iraq, making any
claim that the war is all about Jewish plots out for what it is,
Anti-Semitism pure and simple.

As I noted, David Duke and the Neo-Nazis make similar claims to that
obviously held by the author of the piece.  When a person’s views are
synchronous with virulent anti-Semites, I do not think it’s a stretch to
suggest that their ideas are motivated by something other than scholarly
intent.

Discussing the rest of the issues involved in war in Iraq is a worthy goal.
Trying not only to determine where we went wrong, but also where we go from
here considering the results on the ground, is something we need to do as a
nation and as a community.  But as a community we need to condemn attempts
to claim that the war is a vast Jewish Conspiracy or that Israel is its
casus belli.

As I note, read Susan Estrich on the subject of blaming Israel for Iraq.
http://www.tzemach.org/fyi/docs/20050824estrich.htm  She is hardly some
evile Neo-Con and holds views similar to many in our community with regard
to Iraq, but can see through the role that Anti-Semites are now playing in
the Peace Movement.

Phil Nisbet