[Vision2020] Quality of Life

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 13 13:34:50 PDT 2005

I watched channel 13's broadcast of the Public Works meeting in horror last
night as one member of the public after another came up and pleaded with the
City Council people and the City Staff NOT to put the bridge in or develop
Third anymore than it is now - my sence of horror came from the plastic
smile that was painted on Nancy's face and the total lack of empathy and
understanding these Coucil folks like John Kimberling have and the apparent
disinfranchisement that seems to be there but also growing from the majority
of the Council.

It was bad enough that the City Council (full) was "happy with this plan" or
"could live with this development" or "can go along with this new
neighborhood" when the Council heard the Joseph Street plans even when one
homeowner after another spoke up as to what is happening NOW to their
property and what WILL happen if that development goes through.  But now
this!

What is it going to take to get the City Council to understand they are
supposed to be representing the CITIZENS of Moscow, not the City Council's
interests or the mayor's or the developers alone?  How many more concessions
are we as tax paying, voters going to have to make all for the "sake of
development and growth"?  There are three main streets that lead from the
west side of town to the east - and they are travelled far too fast by the
young fools who just have to show off how big a truck, loud a music system,
fast an engine  they have.  I am getting tired of trying to cross a street
and having to run because some fool won't take the time to let the
pedistrians to get all the way across.  I am sick of the loud obnoxious
vulger music they insist we all HAVE to be in on and I don't feel like the
displacement of many long-time residents and/or their trees should be an
expected "give-me" that we have to fork over to the university/college kids
in this town.

If you need to be somewhere by a specific time - leave on time or with time
to spear to make sure you get there when you need to.

There is NOTHING that has to happen in 10 minutes that will be worse for you
if you take the extra 1-2 mintues by "gerbiling" via another route.  If
anything, the bridge will only complicate the traffic mess we live with now
by - as one person put it - funnelling the cars/trucks through Third Street.

And lets not forget the impact the bridge will have on Paradse Creek - just
how much "development" do you think that creek can take before it totally
stops functioning?  I realize there are a lot of people who could care less
about a small creek, but really - those of us who do, will not let it go so
easily.  It, our way of life, the residents immediately impacted by this
"development" will make it a long, hard fight to keep that area as is.

J  ;)