[Vision2020] RE: Homeland Security Dept. Failure!

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sun Sep 11 17:54:42 PDT 2005

Phil et. al.

My only interest is in "Truth."

Yes, I'm an old fashioned sort who thinks this will set me free, despite all
the mountains of evidence to the contrary...

As I pursue this noble (sic) search, an ongoing endless effort that demands
questioning every underlying assumption and theory, could you present your
source or sources for the following facts you presented to Vision2020 in the post
from 9/06/05 subject headed "Homeland Security Dept. Failure!" I quote from
below?  And I mean every fact you presented!  After some of the falsehoods you
presented to this list regarding the Hurricane Katrina preparation, rescue and
aid effort, perhaps you can pardon my skepticism?

As I queried today in another Vision2020 post addressed to you and the list,
with the same subject heading as above, why do you appear so insistent that
the Louisiana National Guard troops and assets that were on foreign soil in Iraq
could not have saved a single extra life in the week after Katrina hit, a
life that is now gone?

Ted Moffett

Phil wrote on 9/06/05 responding to my post subject headed "Homeland Security
Dept. Failure!:"

Actually the shoe seems firmly on the opposite foot.

There are 13,500 members of the Louisiana National Guard.  Of those troops,
only 3000 are serving in the Middle East.  Only 500 members of the remaining
10,500 had been called out and put in place by the Louisiana Governor's
Office prior to the Levee breaking.

As of 3 September, there were only 3000 members of the Louisiana National
Girad on duty and the Governor had not called up any additional units.
Further, as of yesterday, only 3800 Louisiana National Guard troops were on
active duty, just over half of their forces deployed either to the hurricane
or Iraq.

So, with ten thousand troops at her command, why was it again that there
were no more than 500 Guardsman stationed in New Orleans as the flooding
began?

And considering that all those other states are deploying people into her
area, why is it that she, the Governor of that state, does not see fit to
have the rest of her forces out there giving a hand?

If you add in the letters you yourself have put up, in which she promised to
mobilize the Louisiana State Patrol to insure no breeches of the Peace would
occur and then look at the fact that she did not send them into New Orleans
to help keep order, there seems very much to be a partisan divide going on
that allows her to do nothing while pointing fingers at everybody else.

So, this weekend, when the 3000 Louisiana troops get back home from Iraq,
the full compliment of 10,500 Guardsman will be there.  Only 3800 of them
will be actually be on duty, so how exactly is the war in Iraq having an
impact?

Phil Nisbet