[Vision2020] John's Alley

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Sep 11 06:13:09 PDT 2005

Visionaires -

What promulgated Joan's apology, concerning her implication that customers
of John's Alley may have contributed to the "vandalism" of Nuart, was an
off-list response I had sent her.

My wife and I are long-time patrons of John's Alley.  My sister-in-law was a
John's Alley patron in the late fifties.  My wife became a first-time patron
of the Alley when she first started attending UI in 1966.  Now, before
allegations are flung into this quagmire, let me state clearly . . . No,
neither my wife nor I are homosexual, wanted criminals, or cross-dressing
pedophiles.  For that matter, neither is my sister-in-law.  We simply go
there for the music and (of course) good beer.

My off-list e-mail to Joan was a bit scathing and we have since made amends.
Joan has shown herself to be considerably more mature than her critics,
right Arnold?  Right Dale Courtney?  She has assumed the moral high ground
by openly apologizing on the V2020 listserve for her oversight.  And for
that I am thankful to Joan.

Perhaps some of you should consider looking in the mirror once in a while.

Enough said.

Take care, Moscow.

"If not us, who?
If not now, when?"