[Vision2020] Fwd: Test Results

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Sep 9 18:40:42 PDT 2005

Scott makes some interesting points that I'd add a couple of observations
to:

I think it's fair to say that I'm one of the more well-known evangelical
Christians in Moscow, largely because of my Vision 2020 postings and
position as a school board trustee.  I've said things considerably more
meaty -- and controversial -- than "God loves you," and I've discussed my
high regard for the Bible quite often, which is, I guess, roughly as
provocative as Eric's NuArt carrying books about the Bible.  Lastly, I'm a
fairly public person and would be easy to find if anyone wanted to vandalize
my car, spit on my door, or yell at me while I'm walking out of BookPeople.

But no one has screamed insults at me, spat on my house, broken my windows
or chalked up my car.  People have been very kind to me, or at least not
outwardly hostile.  The only exceptions, besides a few anti-bond zealots who
no longer give me much thought, have been members of Christ Church and their
blogmates.  Isn't that curious?  Much of Dale Courtney's blog last month was
devoted to hysterical proclamations of my apostasy, immoral alliances, and
stupidity -- an awful lot of buzz in cyberspace over someone who's really
not worthy of the attention but who's strangely encouraged by it
nonetheless, given that the approval of Dale's blog buddies would, for me,
cause concern and examination way more than their disgust does.  It got
nasty, but that happens, and while he's not sought my forgiveness, he has
it, as do his correspondents.

The point is, with hundreds of people locally who know how I believe and
practice my Christian faith and who utterly disagree with me, the only
roughing up I've taken has been from supporters of a Christian church who
now cry that they've been abused unlike any other group in Moscow.

Please.

No act of vandalism or injury or insult is ever justified; still, unjust
things happen in the heat of battle.  And there is indeed a battle going on
in my town, but those who have provoked it should be precluded from then
wailing about how nasty it's gotten.  Eric E. is truly a nice man, but the
wide-eyed perplexity he evinces is more than a little disingenuous.

keely emerine mix