[Vision2020] Grain Exports

Chris Storhok cstorhok at co.fairbanks.ak.us
Fri Sep 9 16:12:49 PDT 2005

Mark,
 That is a great read that explains the foundation of the massive rail and
timber system that eventually collapsed with the depletion of the forest and
finally the Stieger Act which wiped out small rail lines.  Those great land
swaps (unparallel in US history) gave rise to the great Weyerhaeuser
syndicate. The read is worth it just for Idaho history.
Have a great weekend,
Chris