[Vision2020] A Demonstration by Pastor Doug Wilson : The Name-It-N-Claim-It Approach to Truth

Kirkus Circus kirkus_circus at lycos.com
Thu Sep 8 22:45:21 PDT 2005

All,

Doug Wilson has a hard time sticking to the truth. When it's
expedient, when it'll further his interests, he takes a
name-it-n-claim-it approach to fact finding and epistemology. ["I
thought of it, didn't I? Must be true."]

Consider the following quote, posted by Doug over the last week (:

"In Scripture business is closely related to family. But this is
not a ancient truth, relevant only or agrarian societies. Today the
backbone of our economy is small family business, and even a large
percentage of Fortune 500 businesses are still family businesses"
(sic).

hmm...Perhaps by "family" Doug means the "family of mankind" or
maybe he sees a poetic (and therefore true) similarity between the
corporation and the family. Tomorrow, Doug will be blogging about
how he meant that many of the Fortune 500 were founded by families,
and that he was right about that all along--slight of hand,
shifting definition, word games: Doug's specialty.

Whatever the case, if any of the Fortune 500 were "family"
businesses, their 2003 Revenues would not be publicly available on
Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortune_500). Such openness
with one's financial status is, however, a characteristic publicly
traded companies. Such information is disclosed for the sake of
accountability.

When is Doug going to be accountable?

Kirkus Circus