[Vision2020] The Wrong Bunch of Fanatics?

Joseph Campbell josephc at wsu.edu
Thu Sep 8 14:02:21 PDT 2005

A few clarifications for Doug.

1/ The point of my last post was to suggest that WAM (Wilson Affiliated
Ministries) has a serious PR problem. Many folks, myself included, fear that
they are taking over the town. I don't think that the best way to handle the
situation is to hurl insults. It isn't an effective way to get people to
think that WAM is not trying to take over the town. But that's just my
opinion. You can do what you want.

2/ Since my last post I have had a BUNCH of folks e-mail me, providing me
with evidence that much of what I previously stated was rumor was fact. Just
for the record, Doug, I'd be interested in knowing precisely which of my
claims you would like to deny. Do you deny that WAM is associated with
several downtown businesses? Do you deny that WAM has tried to purchase
property for a church downtown? What about the illegal boarding houses?
Where do the more than 100 students who attend NSA live, since there are no
NSA dormitories? Can you explain the point of Jerry Owens's comment in the
leaked letter--"Already some people have been issues Cease and Desist orders
for home schooling"--if it wasn't to deliberately misinform WAM supporters?
Certainly some explanations are in order but, again, what we get from WAM is
insults, not explanations.

3/ For the record, Tom Hansen and I are not the same person. In fact, I have
never even met Mr. Hansen. I have a great deal of respect for Mr. Hansen but
this has as much to do with his undying support of the Vandals as it does
for anything else. Furthermore, what about my post made it an example of
"UNSUBSTANTIATED SUSPICION AND INNUENDO"? Previously, I expressed some
fears. Today I asked some questions. In both instances I was pretty direct,
so innuendo is out of the question. Nothing that I've ever said is
unsubstantiated and if you don't believe me just set up a meeting and I can
show you all the evidence that you'd care to see.