[Vision2020] Question for Jerry Owen

Joseph Campbell josephc at wsu.edu
Fri Sep 2 09:50:13 PDT 2005

Jerry Owen writes:

"Rose, I didn't deliberately misrepresent anything, as much as it's apparent
you wish I did--which is why Joan took my private correspondence and posted
it."

"Keely, the comparison wasn't to crucifixion, but to betrayal. Paul was
betrayed, and the NT says for followers to expect as much."

It seems a bit odd that (a) a local church has private correspondence meant
only for the members of that church, and (b) folks who share this private
correspondence with those outside of the church are regarded as betrayers,
similar in this regard to Judas.

One might claim that there is a need for secret correspondence given the
recent religious persecution brought on by the Intoleristas. But I happened
to know that secret correspondence of this type has been going on at least
1998, well before the "Slavery as It Was" controversy.

So let me ask, What exactly does Christ Church have to hide from the rest of
us? This seems like a fair question given that they continue to buy property
in downtown Moscow, an activity that is not even slowed by the fact that
they have violated several laws by doing so.

Just a bit of information for those who still wonder why some of us are
concerned.