[Vision2020] Refugees (was Delete)

Barrett Schroeder Barrett at hideandfur.com
Thu Sep 1 13:00:56 PDT 2005

If we are going to bring some people to Moscow or Latah
County, I would pledge 50,000 Northwest miles. At "off peak"
rates this would be 2 round trip tickets, so with cooperation
from the airline that could be 4 one-way tickets for a family.
Thinking ahead to the day they are able to go home, I would
pledge another 50,000 Northwest miles at that time.

Here is an article on cnn.com about people taking in refugees:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/09/01/Katrina.SpareRooms.ap/index.html

And a couple of quotes regarding the current crisis that stuck with me:

I have a bright shiny new place to live, with a great view and
great plentiful food nearby. I feel very lucky.
- Dave Winer, scripting.com

The truth is, a terrible tragedy like this brings out the best in most
people,
brings out the worst in some people
- Haley Barbour, Governor of Mississippi, Former RNC Chairman