[Vision2020] West Park Elementary , Russell and the alternative school

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 23:17:42 PDT 2005

Keely,

Has anyone considered shutting down West Park, selling
or leasing the building, then using the revenue to
build a larger elementary elsewhere?

West Park is sitting on very valuable land. Few of the
children at that school as I understand, even live in
the immediate area, which is mostly young college
students. It is my understanding that most of them are
from Viola and elsewhere.

Further, that tiny bit of land prevents expansion and
requires the school district to lease nearby land for
parking from the city and classroom space at UI for
the Kindergartners .

I also believe that the land used to house buses seems
like prime real estate. Is it not possible to sell
that valuable land and purchase cheaper land
elsewhere. Why should buses be on expensive real
estate?

These are just a few thoughts I had and was hoping you
could explain.

Thanks,

Donovan J Arnold