[Vision2020] Daily News article

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Oct 28 16:55:23 PDT 2005

Looks like Doug took his belligerence pills this morning . . .

Focusing on "the student populations of Russell and West Park . . . " means
that the best thing for them MAY be remodeling the two school buildings, or
building something new, or expanding one site.  It's about schoolchildren,
not just school buildings. That seems pretty clear to me.

No, 4 million and 4.6 million don't add up to $15 milllion.  Never said they
did.  The 4 and 4.6 million in the spring was for K-5; the defeat of the
bond means we will continue with K-6, and that extra grade requires more
class space.  Russell is crowded.  West Park is crowded.  Costs have
increased.  The amount toward resolving the WP and R problems will be less
than $15 million, and the difference, if any, would be used to make other
major repairs/improvements to district buildings.

I do not believe MSD is "bloated" and there's no way in hell (where such an
idea would have to originate) that we could do away with 50-75 teachers.
But your ignorance of public schools is rivaled by your hatred of them, and
so I doubt you will agree, understand, or even listen.

As for "multiculturalism" and why I would prefer that you not address me in
German -- words fail me, in any language.  While I'm sure you're gloating
and guffawing, I can't imagine that anyone else has the slightest idea of
what you mean.

Please consider  this is my last attempt to engage with you, unless you ask
me questions that spring from a desire to learn and not a chance to do a
smackdown on me or MSD.  I've tried to be gracious to you, but I am not
interested in causing you to stumble in your faith by being an easy target.

Let me know when you want to discuss things maturely, with respect and an
open mind.

keely