[Vision2020] The baseball Gods must be feeling generous!

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Oct 27 05:34:27 PDT 2005

Two jinxes down, one more to go.

Next title:  Chicago Cubs

Hey, I've been a Dodgers fan since Gil Hodges played first base in the LA
Coliseum.

The Giants aren't jinxed.  They're just a lousy team.  Deal with it.

Seeya at the polls, Moscow.

"Feminism is the radical notion that women are people."

- Unknown

Visionaries,

Since last October, the baseball Gods have allowed
Boston to break "the Curse of the Bambino" with the
Red Sox first World Championship in 86 years and now
have allowed Chicago's South Side to break "the Curse
of the Black Sox Scandal" with the White Sox first
World Championship in 88 years.

Carl...how many days until pitchers and catchers
report to Spring Training?

There are still some more curses to be broken.  "The
Curse of the Billy Goat" on the Chicago Cubs (97 years
and counting World Series drought) is going to be the
tough one to overcome.  Personally, I don't think it
can be done.  Maybe there is a ray of hope for the
Cleveland Indians (last WS title 1948) and the S.F.
Giants (last WS title in 1954 when they were the N.Y
Giants).

-Scott

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com