[Spam] RE: [Vision2020] LMT Article on Rape --

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 10:32:19 PDT 2005

Many of you seem to be jumping to conclusions here.
How do we know for fact that any police office said
that 70% of rapes reported are false? Because you read
it in the paper? Give me a break!

The Police were probably misquoted, or the words did
not come out correctly, or the reporter misquoted or
paraphrased incorrectly.

95% of the time that I read something outrageous from
a local authority quoted in the paper, it usually
turns out that the people did not say what they paper
said they said, or were taken completely out of
context.

Perhaps the police officer said, 70% of rapes do not
lead in a conviction, so that meant "false", either to
the officer, or the reporter.

I hardly doubt that any trained, experienced police
officer, that is required to attend a sexual
harassment and abuse conference or class every year
would say, or intend to imply that 7 out of 10 women
that report rape are liars, even if they believed that
to be the case.

Just because something is reported in the media, or
printed in black and white, does not make it true,
look at FOX news. Did any of you call and confirm this
information as being accurate?

Donovan J Arnold