[Vision2020] Third Street Jam (was LMT Article)

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Tue Oct 25 16:00:51 PDT 2005

Wayne says:

"On a much less important issue, I have just avoided a huge traffic jam
along Washington between 6th and 3rd caused by those turning left onto
third continuing to come after the red light, getting caught in the
intersection, and thus preventing traffic on 3rd in both directions from
moving.

Since this mess occurs almost daily during high traffic volumes and the
MPD station is only a block away, one wonders... "

I noticed this today as well, wondering if the lights had changed again.
I know that ITD and the City of Moscow Street Department have been
looking for ways to ameliorate this entanglement, usually sacrificing
free flow from another direction.  It seemed that the way the lights had
changed to allow left-turning traffic continue west was mitigating the
problem.  Such was not the case today.

DC