[Vision2020] Carl on Extradition

Jennifer McFarland jmcfarland at latah.id.us
Tue Oct 25 08:04:06 PDT 2005

According to the Daily News article yesterday:

    "An extradition hearing will take place in Dublin on Tuesday, but that
may not result in Russell being returned to the U.S., said Whitman County
Chief Deputy Prosecutor carol         LaVerne. 'That is a long and
complicated process,' LaVerne said.  'I have already done my part to prepare
the extradition packet to Irish authorities.  The U.S. has an extradition
treaty with Ireland, but they almost never extradite,' LaVerne said.
Russell cannot be tried in Ireland for a crime committed in the U.S. 'If
they don't extradite him, we're out of luck,' LaVerne said."

(Dupler, Michelle.  "Fugitive Captured."  Moscow-Pullman Daily News 24
October 2005: 1A+)

PIO Jennifer L. McFarland
Latah County Sheriff's Office
Public Information Officer
PO Box 8068
Moscow, Idaho 83843
(208) 882-2216
Fax (208) 883-2281

Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to affairs.
***Ralph Waldo Emerson