[Vision2020] Non-profits

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Wed Oct 19 09:01:25 PDT 2005

Visionaries:

Jim Meyer asks some interesting questions in his recent email.  New  St.
Andrews is not a 501(c)(3) charity and yet, as an "educational"  institution  it
enjoys a property tax exempt status  It is a  private organization, refuses to
make financial records available to the  public, is a poster child example of
nepotism, and demands a stringent  allegiance to a narrow doctrinal point of
view - all with the generous  support of our tax dollars.   If Doug and the
boys want to  play school (on their own dime) it is none of my  business.   But
when they expect and receive tax relief it  becomes a matter of concern and a
financial burden to all of us.  An  organization that is unwilling to seek and
maintain  a 501(c)(3) status should automatically be excluded from public
support.

Rose  Huskey

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight  you, then
you win." Mohatma Gandhi