[Vision2020] No identity--Hard Questions Unanswered

Jim Meyer m1e2y3e4 at moscow.com
Wed Oct 19 00:41:24 PDT 2005

 All,
It needs to be pointed out that there is no identity, no comparison, and
no similarity, between the Moscow Alternative High School (Paradise
Creek Regional High School) and New St. Andrews. Although misguided and
well meaning apologists might try to give undeserved respectability to
New St Andrews and attempt to put the two on equal footing, the facts,
if faced head on,  clearly belie those misguided individuals.

1. The Moscow Alternative School has no religious test  for
admission--NSA has a clear religious test for admission.(One reason that
organizations are granted nonprofit status is because of their
undeniable benefit to the community. An educational facility that is
open to all who need it benefits the entire community. An educational
facility that is open to one religious sect only benefits only those of
that particular sect. Should tax benefits be granted to one sect only?
Personally, I think not)

2. The Moscow Alternative School is not controlled by Gerald Weitz. It
is not a vehicle to designed support himself, his family and his
friends. There is, unlike at NSA, outside oversight. Gerald Weitz and
his family are not making profit from the Moscow Alternative School. Nor
does his family receive tax benefits and salaries for teaching there.
Nor do he control a publishing house under the auspices of the
Alternative School and lying, call it part of a nonprofit purpose.
Unlike Doug Wilson, Gerald Weitz is not the only permanent board member,
not both the trustee and trustor (clearly an unbeatable but unethical
arrangement), and doesn't lie about being "just a board member." (The
point is  that  NSA  by  virtue of nepotism, lack of oversight, and lack
of checks and balances shows every indication of being a very poorly run
nonprofit organization, in other words, one in which the community is
probably not getting their money's worth out of tax exemption.)

3. The Moscow Alternative School does not run stealth candidates who
wish to destroy the public school. The Moscow Alternative School does
not play nasty and probably illegal tricks on the University of Idaho.
The Moscow Alternative School does not teach its students that the
public school free and reduced lunch program should be discontinued. The
Moscow Alternative School does not hide two or three publishing
businesses with combined sales well over 1 million dollars and not pay
their fair share of tax on those businesses. The Moscow Alternative
School has not declared cultural war on the rest of the community. The
Moscow Alternative School does not condemn some classes of people to
"stoning or exile." The Moscow Alternative School does not teach their
students to dismiss others who have differing "world views." The Moscow
Alternative School does not embrace the League of the South, a probable
hate group. The Moscow Alternative School does not embrace slavery in
order to discredit homosexuality. The Moscow Alternative School does not
use religion as a weapon to keep students in line. The Moscow
Alternative School does not encourage its membership to have illegal
boarding houses. The Moscow Alternative School is not a parasite, taking
government tax exemptions while bemoaning anything to do with the
government.and hiding income in order to not pay a fair share.

In short, the Moscow Alternative School deserves public support and
leniency in zoning. NSA, on the other hand, deserves nothing.(Until and
if they have reputable oversight, no religious test, and truly serve the
community as a whole)

Jim Meyer

P.S. How about answering Rose's questions? How about answering my
question asking if Christ Church has ever uplifted a derelict? I am
waiting to hear anything, anything at all (in this community) that
Wilson, Inc does that isn't totally self centered and self interested.
You guys can play a mean game of name calling and play nasty practical
jokes. Do you do anything good? Do you ever seriously answer probing
questions or is ignoring the facts easier than realizing  you don't
enjoy the characteristics of a true Christian? To be truthful, Christ
Church and Wilson, Inc. have done more to undermine my faith in
Christianity than anything or anybody I have ever encountered. Is that
something you want to be a part of? Support with tax exemptions? Support
with zoning leniency? Not me.

Jim Meyer