[Vision2020] Challenge to the candidates: What's up with Weber & Lambert?

Bill London london at moscow.com
Sat Oct 15 16:03:02 PDT 2005

As the chair of the V2020 candidate survey committee, I spoke directly with
both Weber and Lambert about their refusal to respond to the survey.

Weber refused because he does not want to use email.

Lambert refused because he planned to attend various candidate forums and
thought that was sufficient.

Because of their reasons for refusal, I would not vote for either candidate.

I think it is imperative that every council candidate be able to use email.
If not, that means that every communication and decision will have to have
an expensive paper copy created just for Weber.  That will cost the city
both time and money.

Lambert was quoted in the Daily News profile that he thought the city
actions were much too slow.  He wants to speed things up, so he wants to cut
the opportunities for citizen input.  He also is not interested in letting
the voters know his own priorities, so he did not want to provide a written
record in V2020 of his views.

BL