[Vision2020] Melynda is Right about New Cities

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 01:38:58 PDT 2005

Melynda is correct on this New Cities meeting
censorship.

The city leaders think you are too stupid to be able
to figure out what constitutes a legitimate question
and a bad one, so they need to step in and make that
decision for you.

"Only positive ideas and vision statements will be
permitted."

So bad ideas cannot be spoken against, that would be
negative.

"Brief, positive, and forward-looking statements are
required."

If it is a complex plan, do not bother, the audience
is too stupid, so be brief. It also must be forward
looking, your looking must be censored too.

"All written statements will be reviewed and edited"

The government needs to make sure people do not hear
ideas that they do not like.

"No references to current disputes shall be permitted"

This must include zoning, Third St. Bridge, Water
usage, taxes, schools, NSA, Big-Box Stores, traffic,
or anything worth talking about.

WOW! Sounds like they are adopting the Bush Town Hall
meeting strategy.

The city could save themselves a great deal of time if
they would just write what questions they want us to
ask and then read them for us. In fact, I do not think
they need as all.

So make sure you take time out of your already busy
lives and come to the meeting folks. The City really
wants to hear what you have to say, so long as it is
censored to be only positive things they want to hear.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold

--- Melynda Huskey <melyndahuskey at earthlink.net>
wrote:

---------------------------------
I've been directed to the New Cities website by an
alert citizen.  The version we saw earlier is not
quite accurate.  Here are the ground rules, reproduced
from the city website in their entirety:

Each person shall give her/his name and address (you
do not have to be a Moscow resident to speak).
No other names of individuals can be mentioned within
the statement.
Mutual respect and courtesy shall govern the conduct
of all participants.
Brief, positive, and forward-looking statements are
required. No soapbox comments or speeches. (“Here is
what’s wrong right now” statements are not productive
or conducive to positive outcomes.) Please give
careful consideration to the impact, tone, and content
of your statement.
Only positive ideas and vision statements will be
permitted. No references to current disputes shall be
permitted – this is not a mediation or gripe session.
All written statements will be reviewed and edited in
accordance with these ground rules before being read
to the audience.
The ground rules will be voted on and agreed to by the
audience at the beginning of the listening session.
The audience shall enforce the ground rules.

Despite this fuller version of the ground rules, my
original reservations remain, and are augmented by the
fact that the New Cities website is rife with
spelling, usage, and grammatical errors.

Melynda Huskey