[Vision2020] Teachers and Teaching

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 00:24:47 PDT 2005

Tim,

I agree there is no fair salary for teachers. However,
I work in the medical field, and they get paid less
than teachers do. Do not have the needed equipment
that the law requires them to have, or the people. Not
to mention you cannot run to win-co and pick up
supplies you need, you have to go through about 5000
legal hoops and pay $10 for something that costs $1 at
wal-mart. If you think textbook companies rip you off,
you should see what medical suppliers charge medicare
and medicaid for a band aid or box of tissues.

My job has more legal regulations than a nuclear power
plant, I kid you not.

I think the problem with the education field is the
same problem with the medical field, the top people
are getting paid too much while the people on the
bottom are paid so little the organization cannot find
qualified people.

In the medical field, I think it is pharmaceutical
companies and medical suppliers that take the biggest
chunk out. In schools, it is suppliers and
administrators.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold